Requests for SAGW conference funding
The SAGW implemented a new ruling with respect to applying for conference funding. While members can no longer directly ask for conference funding for individual projects from the SAGW, they have the possibility of submitting a request to their respective SAGW societies, i.e., e.g. SAUTE. The societies should then pass the request on to the SAGW with a recommendation.
The SAUTE board has worked out recommendations for conference funding. The board will decide on the applications once a year before the AGMs.
Criteria for SAUTE endorsement
Applications must meet the following requirements:
1. The project must be relevant to English studies and of value to teachers and researchers in English language and literature.
2. If a conference or other meeting is foreseen, it must be open to SAUTE members.
3. The project must show evidence of application to other potential sources of funding.
The following criteria will also help the SAUTE Board evaluate competing requests:
4. Scope of topic: does the project cover a sufficient range, historically or theoretically, to be of interest to more than a few SAUTE members?
5. Disciplinary range: does the project make possible connections between English and other disciplines, or among sub-disciplines of English, such as literature and language?
6. Is there involvement of more than one university?
7. Does the project promise to produce written research and scholarship suitable for publication?
8. Is the written research and scholarship intended for publication in SPELL?
Deadline application to SAUTE for events taking place in 2014: 1 March 2013
Proposals should be sent to David Spurr, SAUTE president, at david.spurr -at- unige.ch